This group of men and women have the skills and the heart to assist in any business’ makeover. “We are passionate about the small business community, so to be able to give back to the place we call home is something special,” says Donnie (and we all agree!)
Realtor & Podcaster
Web Design & Dev
Team Quality: Development
Maggie R. Butler is co-founder of Local Union, a local business consulting and coaching firm helping small businesses reach their full potential. Prior to Local Union, Maggie worked internationally for Delta Air Lines where she led strategy and sales development teams. After many years away, Maggie returned to Central Florida in October 2020 and lives in Dunedin, FL with her husband and Local Union co-founder, Brent. Maggie is passionate about the local community and land preservation.
Makeover Contribution ($3500 Value):
- A business plan, which includes a strategy, marketing, sales, and finance plan!
- $3000 for BM applicants who don’t win.
Realtor & Podcaster
Team Quality: Exposure
Hi! I took a chance on myself and a career that I knew very little about 5 years ago and learned a lot about myself along the way. My name is Donnie Hathaway and one of those things that I learned is that I love connecting with people in our community and building relationships. The career I chose… Real Estate. I get to meet people from all over with various backgrounds and help them fulfill their dreams through buying and selling their home. I took this passion a step further and started a podcast, Palm Harbor Local, to learn more about our local community and help the small business community get the love they deserve while introducing the locals to their favorite businesses. Growing up in Pinellas County I know the area well and my passion for helping this community grow is just a part of who I am.
Makeover Contribution ($1000 Value):
- 2 recorded episodes (before and after) – Over 2,000 podcast downloads
- 2 social media posts, 5 stories – 5,000+ Instagram followers with 2 accounts
Team Quality: Presentation
I am a portrait photographer, originally from the great little state of New Jersey, and have been living blissfully in Florida for the last 4 years. I have had a camera in my hands since the age of 13 when I attended the 1996 Ticker Tape Parade in NYC after the Yankees won the World Series. That day I weaseled my way in front of the barricades and captured paper confetti that rained down from the Skyscrapers and the pride-filled faces of thousands of red-faced and freezing fans that lined the sidewalks of the chilly New York streets. I photographed floats as they went by, just slivers of feet in front of me, while Derek Jeter, Darrell Strawberry, and Cecil Fielder smiled and waved at me. I was in my zone, just a random little girl that no one dared to tell to move. The rest was history!
I have a background in Fine Art and have done several group and solo Exhibitions, including my sold-out show The Black and White Affair held in Asbury Park, NJ in 2009.
Prior to moving to Florida, I worked as an Event Photographer, photographing large weddings, bar mitzvah, anniversary parties, and family portraits. It was only after the pandemic that I found myself reconsidering my greatest passion: photographing people of every kind. Whether it is family portraits or business owners, lifestyle or branding content, my specialty is people, recognizing the beauty that lies within us all, and capturing that beauty for all to see.
Makeover Contribution ($1452 Value):
Immersive Branding Photography Session including:
- 1 hr Client Consultation and Creative Strategy
- 2 in-person Development Meetings
- Wardrobe and Posing Guide
- Shoot Organizer and Coordinator
- On set Creative Direction and Set Design
- Up to 2 Consecutive Hours of Immersive Branding Photography
- Professional Headshots
- 15 edited high-resolution digital images
- Personal Online Digital Gallery
- 1 hour Mentor Session with tips and instruction on how to capture quality images using readily available technology.
Additional Hours of photography and planning may be added at $75/hour.
Additional edited images may be added for $25/image.
Discounted Image Bundles available:
- 15 Additional images $325
- 30 Additional Images $450
- 50 Additional Images $725
- 75 Additional Images $1100
Team Quality: Brand
Hey! My name is Kaylin Ingram and I specialize in Graphic Design at my freelance design company: Kay Coastal Designs. I moved to Dunedin, FL after living in Clearwater growing up and after having graduated from the University of Florida Graphic Design program in May of 2019. I absolutely love helping local businesses find their “visual voice” and develop a brand that fully represents their company and their story. Each business is different and the fonts, colors, logos and styles that each brand uses is what truly separates it from the others. I also recently started dipping my toes in the mural scene in the Dunedin community! There is just something about seeing your design off of a computer screen and in real life that never gets old! I am so excited to be a part of the Business Makeover team and I look forward to working with the lucky company that wins the branding lotto! You focus on your business, and we’ll just make you look good doing it! 🙂 Cheers!
Makeover Contribution ($900 Value):
Full Branding Bundle which includes (either new or replacement items)
- Full-Color Logo (High Res Transparent PNG)
- Black / White Version (Company Darks and Lights)
- Color Codes – Brand Guide
- Packaged Fonts – Brand Guide
- Full “Social Skin” Set (Profiles and Cover photos)
- Business Card Design (FRONT / BACK PDF)
- Email Signature
- Virtual Zoom Background
- Letterhead Set (Envelope / Letterhead)
- Instagram Highlight Circles
- Brand Intro Post
Web Design & Development
Team Quality: Presence
My Computer Angel is a Tampa area technology consulting, support, and training solution specializing in small businesses and desk-side computer users. Since 2015, Evelyn has returned to merging her vast experience as an artist with her love of web development to focus on website design, development, graphic imagery, and site rebranding. She is known to offer warm and friendly support and got her name from the many clients she has supported since 2003 in the comfort of their own home or office.
Evelyn’s recent accomplishments include four years with the Florida Business Incubator and two strong years as a board member whose work kept the organization growing after significant setbacks. Additionally, she has recently completed full redesigns of sites for Gulf Coast Jewish Family Community Services, St. Petersburg College, Studio Waltz (Dunedin’s annual art walk) and Akitsu Learning (e-learning site). She continues to use her background in Education, Art, and Mental Health Therapy to support her work within her community.
Makeover Contribution ($1360 Value):
- Website consult ($150 value) and administrative services to support the healthy setup of all website-based services & needs
- Implementation of new site branding and photography to a current website without a restructure ($650 value)
- Implementation of 5 product updates to website ($250 value)
- Website updates, service needs implementation, setup, and backend administration ($250)
- Divi Theme lifetime license ($60/yr value) dependent on needs.
Because website needs can be vastly different for each business, there are additional services not included in the Makeover but significantly discounted depending on the needs of the winning business.
- Consideration of a whole website REDESIGN up to 5 pages of content ($1575 value) discounted to $800 (handled as an installment plan of 4-6 installments)
- Full website design of 6 or more pages will have to be quoted, however, a significant discount/installments will be applied for the winner to minimalize costs
Team Quality: Connection
Makeover Contribution: Training Package ($1,680 Value)
- Consultation: Determine social media goals and who your ideal client is. Review your current social media strategy and tools.
- Create Social Media Strategy: Match goals to metrics and insights that can be tracked. Determine a practical posting schedule of how many times per week to post based on your current life activity schedule.
- Create Content Pillars.
- Create a Content Calendar.
- Hashtag Strategy: Training on how to research and use hashtags successfully for your main platform.
- Training on How to Use a Selected Platform
- Optimized Social Media Bio
- Short Form Video Training on a selected platform ie: Reels, TikTok, YouTube Shorts, LinkedIn or Pinterest
- Engagement Training: Best practices on how to create an online community
- 7 Social Media Templates: made with Canva, sized for a selected platform using new brand colors and logo
- Exposure on the TandCo Social Instagram and Facebook Page.
- List of Preferred Third Party Tools that can be used to Create and/or Post Content.
Contest Winner will also receive 20% off one posting package for an entire year. All applicants will receive a free consultation (must be scheduled by the applicant) and 15% off a package of their choosing for the first three months of services.